One of my New Year Resolutions is to post articles more regularly. Help Me Stay Motivated by leaving your feedback, ideas, recommendations, recipes and anything you want to share with me and others.
Today I will share my homemade Vitamin C Serum, that you could do it yourself really easy!! Remember Vitamin C is only really efficient when fresh (see my last post why it’s important). So let’s get started…..
How to Make
1. Mix 4 tsp of water with 1 tsp of vitamin C powder.
2. Then add 1/3 tsp glycerin (to make the solution thicker) (optional).
3. Put the bottle in a bowl of HOT water (covering at least 1/2 of it), to help dissolve the powder completely, then shake the bottle.
Use it night or I like to use though out the day when I’m home.
-Store the bottle in the fridge.
-The solution is only good for 7-10 days (vitamin C oxidizes easily) so you’ll need to prepare a new bottle after that.
-Put a label and date so you know when you need to make other fresh batch.
Remember Vitamin C is essential in the synthesis of collagen, so use it often as you like! Enjoy peeps!
You probably already know that Vitamin C delivers many benefits to our skin-diminishing effects of age spots, radiant facial complexion, boosting
collagen, smooth skin, reduction in wrinkles, helps with effects of ultra
violet light damage, improving skin tone, firmness and elasticity, protecting against UV damage, speeding the healing process after exposure and provides some UV protection.
And to get the benefits from Vitamins C I do it properly, by not buying store-bought/commercial Vitamin C Serum/lotions, because Vitamin C breaks
down easily over time and in the heat/sunlight (not a shelf-stable ingredient)
and generally contain very small amounts in the cosmetic jar.
3x a week overnight treatments:
Squeezed lemon or orange juice.
Grape juice (I prefer to juice it fresh)
Avocado oil or vitamin E oil/capsule.
I apply on my face/neck
Leave it overnight
Stay tuned for my next post, because I will tell you how to make your own Vitamin C Serum-fast, cheap, effective and fresh without oxidation.
Love to all and till next time!
Butternut squash is high in antioxidant which protects the collagen and elasticity of the skin cells in result slows the aging process. Remember some natural ingredients like butternut squash won’t be in some commercial products, because the ingredients may not be suitable for long-term shelf life. That is why it’s vital to reap the nutritional benefits of this vegetable by making your own mask.
You need: Oatmeal, Lemon juice and Butternut Squash
1. Cook butternut squash or you can even use canned
2. Put some cooked squash in the blender
3. Mix equal amounts of oatmeal and squash and some lemon juice
4. Apply, lay down, relax and enjoy for 30 minutes
Put extra squash into reusable container and store in the fridge and repeat in couple of days.
You probably heard that ACV (apple cider vinegar) is a great natural product that can be used for many purposes. I will be talking alot about it, in my upcoming posts, but today I want share one of the ways I use ACV as a cleanser and toner. To open the pores and loosen dirt and grease from your face, do the following 2x a week:
- Add 3Tbsp. ACV to quart of boiling water and turn off
- Steam face over bowl and use towel draped over head to trap steam
- Pat ACV on face with cotton ball to remove the loosened dirt
- Repeat steaming and cleansing twice
- To close pores and tone, pat or spray on, chilled ACV, diluted with equal amount of water
There you have it! Enjoy your clean face.